Tuesday, April 6, 2010

*NEW* Morning Movement Video Series!

Wake up morning sequence to get the pain and stiffness out of your legs, hips, back, and neck.

Hi y’all, due to ongoing requests from clients and others, I have posted a very simple set of videos to my youtube (yoga) channel for those of you who want a simple and easy 5-10 minute morning regimen to get your body moving well and feeling great for the whole day. So far, I have posted both the 3 part Morning Movement Series as well as one additional pose for freeing up the upper back, shoulders, and neck.

Caveat Emptor: my FLIP cam broke recently and so I have switched to my old hand held 1CCV video cam (non HD). Forgive the resolution until I have a new HD cam in my hands.

All of these poses are shown in the classical way with no modifications. Some of you may require modification of the pose to be able to get the desired activation of the body. If this is the case and I have not already given you a modification, contact me. The key to getting the full benefit of the poses is to do them properly for your body. This doesn’t mean that random variations that feel good to you are giving you the benefit. Rather, the idea is to find the part of the body that is challenged by attempting the classical pose and then to work from there.

There is immense benefit to be had from working through the issues that your body presents with out taking a short cut. Think of short cut as a diversion that makes you feel good in the moment but adds a challenge over the long term. This is especially true with yoga as the body structure will change with your patterns of use. Anyhow, for those of you who find the videos useful, feel free to subscribe to my YouTube channel, friend me, and set up a RSS feed to your blog, website, etc. Be sure to post my contact info if you do this though.

As always, let me know your comments and needs surrounding this posting.

Please retweet this post by pressing the "Tweet This" button below.

No comments:

Post a Comment